Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get approval for a Granny Flat?renrenWhen seeking approval for a granny flat there are a few areas that need to be considered before moving ahead with construction. As following:
- Check Local Regulations: Familiarize yourself with the local council's regulations and guidelines regarding granny flats.
- Consult with Local Authorities: discuss the specific requirements and obtain any necessary forms or documents for the approval process.
- Submit Development Application (DA) or (CDC)
- Wait for Assessment and Approval: factors like building codes, zoning restrictions, environmental considerations, and impact on neighbouring properties. - Approval!
How Long will it take to Build my Custom Home?renrenThe length of time it may take to build your perfect custom home may vary due to multiple factors. Depending on the nature and complexity of your design, the size, regulations, budget and other unique and specific requirements of your project. Approximately speaking, your build may take anywhere between 6 to 18 months. It is ideal to speak with our builders to get an accurate projection based on your specifications.
I Like One of your Custom Designs, but I want to make some changes. Is that possible?renrenAbsolutely! At Brickwood Homes we understand that each homeowner may have different tastes and styles and requires different things. We are more than happy to collaborate with you to customize our existing custom designs to suit your specific needs. Our team of builders will work closely with you to incorporate the desired changes while ensuring that the design remains functional, aesthetically pleasing, and meets your vision for your dream home. Your satisfaction and creating a home that reflects your individuality are our top priorities.
Is a Duplex a Good Investment?renrenInvesting in a duplex can be a fantastic investment strategy, but a variety of factors should be considered before deciding whether a duplex is a good idea for you. Investing in a duplex can be a smart choice as it offers the potential for rental income from two separate units, diversifies your investment with multiple tenants, and gives you the opportunity for long-term capital appreciation.
Is a Granny Flat a Good Investment?renrenA granny flat can be a wonderful investment for homeowners with spare land or new investors. It offers the potential for rental income, allowing you to generate additional cash flow and the demand for affordable housing options in Sydney especially remains high. However, it's essential to consider factors such as local regulations, construction costs, and potential maintenance expenses before making an investment decision.
What if I am on a Smaller Budget?renrenWe can work with that! Whilst we may need to take additional considerations to meet your specifications without compromising cost, our team is eager to help. When building a home on a smaller budget, consider the following:
- Simplify the design and focus on essential features to minimize construction costs.
- Choose cost-effective materials without compromising quality and durability.
- Plan and prioritize your budget, seeking competitive bids from contractors, and considering DIY options to save on labour costs.